Pidgin Problem

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Thu Nov 5 18:14:37 EST 2009

On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 15:47:11 -0700
jessie <saturnzshadow at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been attempting to send a link to a web page in pidgin...it is a
> rather long link and every time I attempt to send it the program stops
> working and I must use "Force Quit".  In an attempt to understand the
> problem better I tried sending several short links, these worked perfectly.

It would be useful if you could generate a backtrace, and perhaps
include the link you were trying to send when you report the problem at
the Pidgin bug tracker. There are instructions here:

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/GetABacktrace

and tips on submitting bug reports here:

http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/TipsForBugReports

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde