Licq History converter to Pidgin Logs

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Sun Nov 8 15:56:09 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-08 at 21:03 +0100, Johann Glaser wrote:
> Is it true that in this case every added contact requires a new
> confirmation of "acceptance" by him?

I'm not sure. I don't think I've touched that part of the code. You'll
just have to look and see, or wait for someone else to jump in with an
answer.

> Why does Pidgin at all silently (at least for 99% of all users, who
> don't read the output of --debug) delete buddies?

AFAIK, it's *respecting* the list from the server. This ensures that if
someone makes changes using another client (possibly on another
machine), their changes are reflected in Pidgin. I think our MSN plugin
still prompts users for any discrepancies.

FWIW, your same "99% of all users" aren't going to be manually editing
the blist.xml file. ;)

Richard