ERROR MESSAGE: The procedure entry point g_io_error_quark could not be located in the dynamic link library libgio-2.0-0.dll

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Fri Nov 13 13:20:47 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 10:34, Chris Payne (chrpayne)
<chrpayne at cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I recently encountered the error messages below when attempting to launch
> Pidgin 2.6.3. This error is very strange because I was successfully running
> Pidgin for about 6 months with no errors. Upon receiving the message, I
> uninstalled and reinstalled, but I continuously get the errors. Needless to
> say, I cannot open Pidgin now. Could you please help me with this?
>

> (1) The procedure entry point g_io_error_quark could not be located in the
> dynamic link library libgio-2.0-0.dll
>
> (2) Error loading pidgin.dll
>
> Error: (127) The specified procedure could not be found

It looks like you've somehow messed up the installed GTK+ runtime
(possibly by putting some incompatible libraries somewhere else in the
PATH (e.g. in Windows/System32)).

You can try downloading and reinstalling the standalone GTK+ installer
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/pidgin/files/GTK%2B%20for%20Windows/2.14.7%20Rev%20A/gtk-runtime-2.14.7-rev-a.exe/download).

-D