(no subject)

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Fri Nov 13 13:28:16 EST 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 08:52, Kally <kallykally at hotmail.com> wrote:
> First of all I would like to thank you for a great product.  I love Pidgin
> and it works well.
>
> I have one question though that I cannot seem to find a response to.  One of
> my contact is off but it always shows that he is on, which makes it really
> hard to figure out whether he really is online or not.  He does have a
> mobile and not sure if that is the reason why it indicates that he is online
> as I guess he can receive my messages on his cell but that is an extra
> charge and don't want to do that.
>
> Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change to make his show offline
> when he is offline?

I assume you're using MSN with this buddy because this is an issue
that has come up before.

There is no setting that would make Pidgin consider users who are
online only via their Mobile phone to be offline.

We know the current behavior isn't great and this is something that we
hope to improve.

In the mean time, you can look at the emblems at the right side of the
buddy list - you should be able to see a mobile phone emblem to
indicate that the user is connected via a mobile phone.

-D