I am a new user and have some questions

Bill MacAllister whm at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 16 11:48:25 EST 2009

--On Monday, November 16, 2009 11:01:52 AM -0500 James Landfield <jlandfield at financemgt.com> wrote:

> 1.      The "add Buddy" is grayed out. How do I add a "buddy"

Not sure what is going on there.  Maybe you can't write to you home
directory?  Of course, it doesn't make sense to add buddies if you
haven't created any accounts yet.

> 2.      Will Pidgin blink when I have a new message, until I answer it.

I expect what behavior you see this depends what platform you are on.
On my Gnome Linux box the icon in the task bar changes and the text on
the account tab in the chat window changes color.  As I remember the
Windows behavior is very similar.

Bill

--

Bill MacAllister, System Software Programmer
Unix Systems Group, Stanford University