MSN Friendly name changing to email address by itself

Duncan Shields nachead at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 05:39:35 EST 2009

For some reason as of the last 2-3 days my MSN Friendly name changes itself without me doing anything, to the email address of my msn account.  This seems to happen at completely random times, though sometimes in a conversation I will get a message about the person I am talking to like :

joe at bloggs.com is now known as joe at bloggs.com

and it always says the exact same email for both.  When that happens I go and check my MSN Friendly name and it is always back to the email address instead of the name I want.  I've removed my local name now so I can actually tell when it is changing itself but it seems to happen without any reason.

I upgraded yesterday to 2.6.3 (I think I had 2.6.1 before) but nothing has changed, it still happens.