clarification in libpurple

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Tue Nov 24 11:01:54 EST 2009

If you're going to spam a pile of mailing lists, please at least have
the courtesy to do so with a single message, so that Message-Ids will
be the same and de-duplication can be handled by more email-savvy
parties.

sai ram spake unto us the following wisdom:
>     we are trying to develop a product which include myspace as a part. we
> like to use libpurple and its files to facilitate instant messaging between
> clients. can u clarify us what are the minimal files which we should use
> from this libpurple library to facilitate a basic im between two clients ?
> awaiting for the reply.

Libpurple is intended to be used as a complete library.  You build
libpurple and link against it, you don't pull files out of it and use
them independently.

NOTE WELL that any product you create which uses libpurple MUST BE
released as open source software under a GPL-compatible license.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.