Installing addons

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Tue Nov 24 11:54:02 EST 2009

On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:35:22 -0800 (PST)
S89745 <rgs at creasehuggett.co.uk> wrote:

> I would like to used mebeam with pidgin. I have read it should work with
> Ubuntu. I have downloaded the mebeanintegration plugin but do not know where
> to save the contents so that pidgin shows mebean as an available addon.
>
> How do I install a new plugin?

What have you actually downloaded, is it a package file, or a tarball,
or something else?

A package is normally installed by the distro's package manager,
whereas a tarball needs to be unpacked, configured, compiled and then
installed.

If you tell us what you have we can be more specific.

--

Brian Morrison

                                                          Oscar Wilde