Permanently added to the CC list - Won't post bugs anymore

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Thu Nov 26 08:28:56 EST 2009

On Nov 25, 2009, at 10:27 EST, Daniel Atallah wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 09:32, Jeroen Op 't Eynde <jeroen at xprsyrslf.be> wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> A few days ago, I posted a bug confirmation on the Trac. This way I got on
>> the CC list of that bug, but I don't want that anymore. Is there a way to
>> get me of that CC list? You can find me under the name Duologic on the Trac,
>> my bug report is at http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/10763#comment:12
>>
>> If this is not possible, I think I won't post bugs anymore. I understand why
>> it is made permanently, but what about the people with good intentions? (If
>> this question has been answered before, then be so kind to redirect me to
>> it.)
>
> Once you comment on a ticket, you are permanently attached to it -
> this is only a real annoyance when you are on a busy ticket like
> #10763 (which doesn't really happen all that much).
>
> I would suggest just ignoring the few extra emails you get.
>
> -D

We caused bugs to send emails after our experience with SF's original trackers, where people *could* submit anonymously.  Too many of these bugs were things we could not duplicate, needed clarification, or other interaction with the poster or commenters.  We found that those who did not get emailed about a bug only very rarely was later available to provide that further information.

The long and short of it is that anyone posting who does not want or intend to interact with that bug report during its lifecycle is *not* posting with good intentions (with a few exceptions).

Luke