mails with no Subject: line

David Balazic David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com
Fri Nov 27 08:34:08 EST 2009

[mailto:support-bounces at pidgin.im] On Behalf Of Jesse Palser

> Hi,
>
> I think emails with no subject should be automatically banned
> from the
> mailing list.
>
> I also think that the mailing list should have [Pidgin] prefix in the
> subject line.
> (like all other mailing lists I subscribe to)

Half of the lists I subscribe to* don't have this. The other half does.

It seems technical (for developers etc) lists do not have it, while
more layman type of lists have it. But there are also exceptions.

* about 20 mail lists

About HTML and other bans:
This is usually not a choice of the user. Punishing them for other
peoples sins is not necessarily a good thing.

Automatically stripping HTML tags on the other hand might work.

Regards,
David