ticket #4499 - Inconsistent behavior with Reset Formatting option

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Mon Nov 30 15:52:30 EST 2009

Kevin Stange wrote:
> Jim Spath wrote:
>> So it's no longer possible to simply click Reset Formatting with no text
>> selected and quickly remove formatting on all the text?
>>
>> I rather liked that "feature" if it matters ... it was very nice when I
>> forgot to use the "Paste as Plain Text" and wanted to quickly remove
>> formatting.
>
> The button now resets your formatting at the cursor or for the selected
> area.  You can quickly select all of the text in the input area by
> pressing CTRL+A and then use the reset button to clear the formatting.

Yes, I understand that the functionality is still available, albeit with
a slight addition to my usage (which won't be CTRL-A since I almost
never use keyboard shortcuts)

The main reason for the email is that the change was made for people who
change their formatting as they are typing a message, and I am not one
of those people.

Anyways, this is just another minor UI change that I'll adapt to ... I
just wanted to present my side :)