pidgin on EeePC

Mario Pavesi pavesi at logistudio.it
Thu Oct 1 10:45:59 EDT 2009

I have an Asus EeePC 2G Surf which had Pidgin already installed when I bought it. I have used your software with full satisfaction until now, when the problem with the new Yahoo Messenger protocol arose. I understand there is a new Pidgin 2.6.0 that cures the problem, but - how can I install it on my EeePC? There is no update on the Add/RemoveSoftware page of the PC (in fact, there is no longer anything there). Nor did I find a Linux version in your website (provided I were able to install it anyway...)
Thanks,
Mario Pavesi