Letter

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Oct 16 16:59:08 EDT 2009

Ina VD Westhuizen wrote:

> I have a problem with my pidgin If I go into pidgin it keeps on telling
> me UNABLE TO CONNECT TO MXIT SERVER. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SERVER SERVER
> SETTINGS  Can someone please help me I need the settings

This is the reply that Pidgin Support sent to you; unfortunately they
failed to realise that most newbies don't realise that this is a mailing
list, and fail to subscribe to it.  However, as I said before you should
go to the MXiT support forum rather than here, as, except when the MXiT
support people visit, no-one here knows about MXiT.

Subject: RE: Letter
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 14:55:37 +0200
From: MXit Support MailBox <MXitSupport at mxit.com>
To: support at pidgin.im <support at pidgin.im>
<4AD5741A.7010400 at david-woolley.me.uk>

Greetings,

Here is a simple way to test the connectivity for PC Client users from a
PC to a MXit server using the Telnet command:

    1. Open a Command Prompt window (START button >Run. -or- Window-Key
+ 'R') and type in "cmd" (without the quotes) and hit OK. A Black window
screen will appear with some Microsoft Windows information.

    2. Execute the Telnet command by typing the following:
          1. telnet pc.stream.mxit.com 9119 -or-
          2. telnet pc.poll.mxit.com 8080

    3. The following should result:
          1. If a connection was successfully established, then the
command prompt window will be cleared of any text (leaving a black
window). To exit, press Ctrl + ']', and then 'q'.
          2. If a connection was unable to be established, then a
message similar to "Could not open connection to the host, on port
9119/8080: Connection failed"

Additional notes:

     * If port '8080' doesn't work, try port '80' as an alternative.
     * Vista users may need to install Telnet as an additional
application (which was installed as standard with previous versions of
Windows).
     * Users may need Administrator privileges to run the Telnet command.

Regards,
MXit_Team

Interactive Support: 086 100 MXit (6948) | Fax: 2721 883 8123

This email is subject to the MXit email disclaimer, which is available
at http://www.mxit.com/email.pdf
If you cannot access the disclaimer, please get a copy from us by
sending an email to: support at mxit.com