Using Pidgin for home network.

Kevin Stange kstange at pidgin.im
Mon Oct 26 14:48:34 EDT 2009

Cornell Murrell wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> I'm still having an issue. I downloaded/installed Bonjour and Pidgin. When I launched Pidgin, I added a user and selected Bonjour from the drop down list. I did this on two computers on my network, and can see the both users that I setup, but when I try to send a IM, it says "Unable to send the message. The conversation couldn't be started."
>
> Am I missing a setting of something? Any help would be appreciated (again).

I'm not personally sure what might be wrong.  If you can open your debug
log (Help > Debug Window) when you try to send a message, and paste in
the debug messages related to Bonjour that may help us figure out the
problem.

When replying, please send the email back to support at pidgin.im so that
other people can also provide you with help in case I do not know the
answer.

Kevin