not start on boot

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Oct 28 03:43:05 EDT 2009

Jeremiah Robinson wrote:
> I'm running pidgin for linux (xubuntu) and I would like for it to not
> start when I start the computer.  Is that possible?

I can't imagine any sensible reason why it should start on boot.  If you
mean starting when you log in to X-Windows, that sounds like an issue
with Ubuntu.  You may find that there is an entry for it in your
.xinitrc file, that you can remove.

If this is a netbook, I suppose it is possible that you get insecurely
logged into X during boot, but it will still be th case that it it is
the customisation for X, not the bootup code, that would be starting Pidgin.

--
David Woolley