Tech support problem

David Foster, CNE davidf at travelcaldwell.com
Thu Sep 3 09:58:10 EDT 2009

Try pasting the following into Notepad:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"PidginIM"="C:\\Program Files\\Pidgin\\pidgin.exe"

Then save as a .reg file (i.e., pidginstart.reg  or similar). Double
click the .reg file and this will cause Pidgin to start up automatically.

Of course, you could also put Pidgin.exe in the startup folder, I used
this on all our computers in order to prevent our employees from
-removing- it from the startup folder, since nobody here even knows what
the registry is!

oh - of course, be sure to back up your registry before making changes
to it..

David

Alexander Guerero-Randall wrote:
> I recently installed Pidgin and can't seem to find out how to get it
> to run on startup, looked around in the preferences and things but it
> doesn't seem obvious. Any clues?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> believed to be clean.

David Foster, CNE      |     Manager, IT Systems      |     Caldwell
Travel     |     615.327-2720 (p)     |    615.327.0435 (f)

Reality has a liberal bias. /-S. Colbert/

believed to be clean.