How do I turn off updates for one user but not all the others?

Bradj47 bradj47 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 13:32:49 EDT 2009

I installed a Twitter plugin and I don't want it to make a sound whenever
someone tweets. I do want the popup to notify me, just without the noise.
However, I do want to hear sounds when someone IM's me with another protocol
or someone logs on. How do I do this?

Here's some information on my system that might be needed:
Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope
Pidgin 2.6.1 76c08f9df332fb22059ada8287a5da4b7a1d37fa

Thanks,
Brad