How do I turn off updates for one user but not all the others?

Paul Aurich darkrain42 at pidgin.im
Sat Sep 5 16:30:36 EDT 2009

On Sep 5, 2009, at 12:10, Brian Morrison wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 10:32:49 -0700 (PDT)
> Bradj47 <bradj47 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I installed a Twitter plugin and I don't want it to make a sound
>> whenever
>> someone tweets. I do want the popup to notify me, just without the
>> noise.
>> However, I do want to hear sounds when someone IM's me with another
>> protocol
>> or someone logs on. How do I do this?
>
> Who is the author of the plugin? If it isn't part of the standard
> Pidgin distribution you will need to seek support according to the
> plugin's contact details.

While the twitter plugin may be a third-party plugin and the Pidgin
developers do not support third-party plugins, configuring per-user
sound notifications is pretty much squarely outside of a protocol
plugin's functionality.

That said, this isn't possible in Pidgin itself. The third-party Smart
Ear plugin may help (although I don't know if it has the ability to do
per-*account* configuration.) See the ThirdPartyPlugins page on
Pidgin's wiki for information on it. http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/ThirdPartyPlugins

~Paul