Pidgin is aborted

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sun Sep 6 20:28:29 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 10:19 AM, <leofeijo at terra.com.br> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm using Pidgin 2.6.1 with Ubuntu 9.
>
> When I start Pidgin, but it is aborted suddenly, during its uses.
>
> I got this message on debug: GLib:
> /build/buildd/glib2.0-2.20.1/glib/gmem.c:136: failed to allocate 1526792193
> bytes.
>
> I have tried reinstalled the Pidgin many times, but the error persists. Is
> there a way to fix that problem ?

Hi Leonardo.  That's a bit odd.  So it crashes immediately after
starting it?  You can try starting it by running "pidgin -n" from a
command line, this will prevent your accounts from connecting
immediately.  Then you can connect each account one at a time and see
if one of them is causing a problem.  You can also try starting with
"pidgin -d" and looking at the output before Pidgin crashes.  You may
also want to try disabling any 3rd party plugins or accounts.  If it's
still crashing feel free to file a new ticket at
http://developer.pidgin.im/newticket  And please include a backtrace
from the crash.  There is information on obtaining a backtrace here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Backtrace

Thanks,
Mark