Hi

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Mon Sep 14 17:31:13 EDT 2009

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009, S?nchez Jim?nez Jos? Gabriel wrote:

> Hello, I need help, a hacker has my address on pidgin and uses it to
> send insults and threats, I block, but finds a way to re-enter the
> PIDGIN when I got active, there is a way to prevent it definitely send
> me messages?

I'll ignore your egregious use of the word Hacker, and simply focus on the
crux of your problem.  Someone has your

"address on pidgin".

Pidgin is just a program to talk on other chat networks.  It is only a
client, and the answer to your question depends on what chat network
you're using.

Some chat networks make it so only people on your contact list can message
you.  Others do not.  Please check with the service that you're running.

Asking the pidgin group for help with this problem is like calling the
company who makes your toaster because there is no power at your house.

The problem would likely be the exact same if you were using a different
chat program (or a different toaster), and we can't even help you here
because you're not telling us which chat network you're connecting to.

-Dan Mahoney

--

"No mowore webooting!!!"

-Paul, 10-16-99, 10 PM