gtalk - not authorized - ssl/secure issue?

Geoffrey Lane freeballer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:40:09 EDT 2009

hi, I just added the pidgin depo to ubuntu jaunty 9.04. install went
fine, but I cannot connect to gtalk to test the audio/video feature.
Its a copied, working backup for the .pidgin directory so I know the
config is exactly the same. Error message is "Not authorized". I'm
pretty sure it has todo with secure connection or ssl cause I had the
issue long, long ago with gaim but I can't recall howto fix it without
recompiling.

Can someone please steer me in the right direction?
Geo

--
========
Bill Gates can't guarantee Windows, how are you gonna guarantee my safety..