Jabber & ICQ

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Thu Sep 17 01:20:00 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 08:55 -0500, Peter Bremer wrote:
> I'm a librarian at the University of Minnesota, Morris. We just upgraded
> to Pidgin 2.6.1. Our Jabber and ICQ accounts are not functioning. (ICQ
> and Yahoo were not functioning before the upgrade).

What version were you running before the upgrade?

> ICQ is only visible in the Enable Accounts field.

Do you mean it looks like this from the buddy list window: Accounts ->
Enable Account -> [Your ICQ Account]? If so, you need to click that to
enable your ICQ account, as it is currently disabled. (It does sound
like you're aware of this, though, as you mentioned it above.)

If not, could you provide a screenshot (either at an URL or to me
off-list).

Richard -- a UMC alum ;)