"Open All Messages" behavior

Jim Spath jspath at pangeamedia.com
Fri Sep 18 14:58:37 EDT 2009

I've been using the "New mail notifications" with my Gmail account for
awhile now.

Recently (maybe one of the 2.6 series did it), it seems like clicking
"Open All Messages" opens a browser window for each new message.
Previously, it only opened one new window.

This is annoying behavior in Gmail, since it doesn't open to the
messages themselves, but rather the inbox.  So I end up with a bunch of
windows open to my Gmail inbox ... not that useful.

I looked through the options and there doesn't seem to be anything
relating to this ... I know I could click "Open Mail" and it would only
open 1 window to my inbox, but I don't always pay attention and just
click the left-most button in the UI.

Thanks!
Jim

PS - I'm on Windows 7 and Pidgin 2.6.2