FYI: HP Netbook 1120NR does not permit upgrade from Pidgin 2.4.3

LEQUEUX, ETIENNE (ETIENNE) etienne.lequeux at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Sep 22 12:32:50 EDT 2009

You could have installed an updated pidgin, from
https://launchpad.net/~pidgin-developers/+archive/ppa even for
Ubuntu/Hardy. No need to compile.

Unless you want hp support, I would also suggest upgrade to Jaunty,
maybe 'netbook remix' version. I upgraded a eeePC 901 (thus lower
config, only 12G SSD) from WinXP to Ubuntu Jaunty, with no problems
Maybe check in users experience at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupport/Machines/Netbooks  ?

HTH
Etienne\