using fully qualified email address as XMPP username

Brady J. Frey brady at bradyjfrey.com
Wed Sep 23 17:57:16 EDT 2009

Good afternoon everyone,
We've been slowly migrating our users worldwide off of the Windows
platform, but had a bit of a problem using our own custom Jabber server
with Pigin. We have multiple domains, so we use fully qualified email
addresses as the username, thus:

bob.joe at mydomain.com

...would be the full username. Of course, everytime we do that, Pigin
pulls the domain out and pops it into the domain field, regardless if
that field is already full.

Anyone know of a workaround so that I can get an ampersand as part of
the username? Thank you!

Brady J. Frey