mig33 on pidgin

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Sep 24 18:43:26 EDT 2009

l______casket______l at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi dear staff,

There are no staff.  This is a peer support list and the developers are
just peers.

> Please help me. I want to use mig33 protocol in pidgin. mig33 is the

Where can one find a technical specification for the protocol?

> first mobile im. Their official site is www.mig33.com and their server

You actually need to include all the qualifying adjectives when someone
claims to be the first (or best) something, as these claims are
carefully worded to make the statement true, by including enough
qualifying adjectives to eliminate the competition.  I suspect MXit may
be an earlier one.

> address is 66.151.149.102

What is the business model?  Some business models are frustrated by
uncontrolled third party clients, especially if the business model
depends on the use of the client for advertising.

> port: 9119
> tell what should i do to use mig33 im on pidgin please. I'm waiting
> eagerly for your reply.

Provide protocol documentation, or the results of black box reverse
engineering the protocol.  Better still provide code that implements
that protocol, if it not just a re-badged existing one.

MXit is only supported in Pidgin because MXit themselves provided the
support.

--
David Woolley