Buddy list question

Dun Dug dundug32 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 10 09:20:53 EDT 2010

Just curious as to how this works ....... I had pidgin set up on my laptop and have an AIM account.   I set up my account and one buddy in Pidgin.   All worked fine.   Month or so later, I trashed my computer setup and had to reload an image from way before I installed Pidgin.   I then reinstalled Pidgin and added my account back in.   When I did, I was surpised to see my Buddy automatically show up in the buddy list.   I thought that info was only stored on my local drive but clearly it must be stored somewhere else online?   I completely formatted my drive so I am pretty sure it wasn't on there.

Is the buddy list stored online somewhere for my account?