ECCN Request for Pidgin

US_DellPlus_Export_Compliance at Dell.com US_DellPlus_Export_Compliance at Dell.com
Tue Apr 20 11:38:17 EDT 2010

Mr. Ethan,

The reason I wrote to the support email address is because our firewalls do not allow me to view the Pidgin websites.  Can you please provide me the relevant information that I need from you for the classification of your product?

Regards,
Arturo Moreno
Dell Inc.
Import/Export
Worldwide Trade Compliance
512-728-3663

-----Original Message-----
From: Ethan Blanton [mailto:elb at pidgin.im]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2010 2:21 PM
To: US DellPlus Export Compliance
Cc: support at pidgin.im
Subject: Re: ECCN Request for Pidgin

US_DellPlus_Export_Compliance at Dell.com spake unto us the following wisdom:
> My name is Arturo Moreno and I am with the Export Compliance team at
> Dell Inc.  We are providing custom factory integration to one of our
> customers and as part of their image they have your software Pidgin.
> We need to confirm your product is compliant with US Export
> Administration Regulations and I need the ECCN (Export Control
> Classification Number) and License Exception, if applicable.  Please
> let me know if you can provide me with the information above.

I think you should talk to your superiors at Dell about hiring someone competent to do export compliance checking for the export compliance team.

You can find all of the relevant information for this which we could possibly provide at http://pidgin.im/ .

Ethan

--
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws [that have no remedy for evils].  They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.