unable to send group chat invitation on gmail/aim/icq

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Sun Aug 1 02:47:26 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Siddharth Chandra
<siddharthchandra0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am unable to send group chat invitation on gmail/aim/icq protocols.
> I use the following APIs in the nullclient code provided by libpurple.
>
> PurpleConversation *new_conv;
> PurpleConvChat *new_chat;
>
> new_conv = purple_conversation_new(PURPLE_CONV_TYPE_CHAT, account,
> chatroom_name);
> new_chat = purple_conversation_get_chat_data (new_conv);
> purple_conv_chat_invite_user(new_chat, buddy_name, msg, FALSE);
>

> This works well with msn and yahoo.

I can't speak for gmail, but for aim and icq... I wonder if maybe you
have to "join" a chat room on the server before you're able to invite
someone.

You'll have to look up how to do that.  You could maybe try emulating
pidgin_blist_joinchat_show() in pidgin/gtkblist.c

--Mark