Support Digest, Vol 36, Issue 18 --- a couple of problems (Daniel Clem)

Harold F. Ayers Jr. hfayersjr at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 13:25:30 EDT 2010

> I am running Pidgin on a Ubuntu 10.4  computer and I have 2 problems
>   *Facebook account setup  *Email Sound Notification
>     I know I've seen other people setup Facebook chat with pidgin so I know it's possible, but Facebook is not in the drop down menu when I try to set up a new account, so what do you I do?

Hello Daniel,

Casey Ho posted an Blog (I use Firefox/NewsFox RSS reader) sometime last
February about using XMPP to connect to Facebook.

http://blog.caseyho.com/2010/02/how-to-enable-facebook-chat-in-pidgin.html

Hope this helps. Don't know how to answer your other question concerning
EMail sound notification. Have you checked the
Pidgin addons?