Available codecs

Alec Smrekar alec.smrekar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 18:24:41 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm new here so please keep that in mind. I with my friends decided to
implement the the new WebM container or at least theVP8 video codec in
Pidgin. We found the available codecs listed in the XMPP Console. The
problem is that we didn't find where libpurple/Pidgin finds the video/audio
codecs to choose from. Which is the (i suppose it's a)function that checks
for available codecs and in which file is it located? This information would
allow us to continue with our work.

Oh, and please explain it as simple as possible :)

Thank you very much,

Alec Smrekar