Send File on AIM Does Not Work

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Mon Aug 30 10:33:12 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Zach Rueda <zrueda at live.com> wrote:
> Do you know how I can fix this? Here is the debug.
>
> (01:22:42) network: Couldn't create UPnP mapping
> (01:22:42) network: Couldn't create UPnP mapping

I don't know, but it's not necessarily a problem.  It just means that
Pidgin wasn't able to ask your router to forward incoming connections
to it.  On the downside, it does mean that in this case Pidgin
resorted to proxying the file transfer through AOL's file transfer
proxy servers, which may be slower than a direct connection.

I guess we don't print out information on why UPnP failed...?  It
could be that your router doesn't support UPnP.  Or it could be
disabled  Or maybe Pidgin sends a UPnP request that is slightly
different than what your router is expecting.

Things you could try:
1. Make sure UPnP is enabled in your router
2. Setting up a manual rule to forward incoming connections on port
5190 to your computer

--Mark