help regarding advanced protocol settings in purple account in libpurple

Sadrul Habib Chowdhury sadrul at pidgin.im
Mon Aug 30 11:36:36 EDT 2010

* swagat mishra had this to say on [30 Aug 2010, 14:58:54 +0530]:
> the link mentioned in the last mail gives the documentation for the
> functions such as purple_account_set_int.i wish to know the protocol
> specific parameters that i can modify using those functions(like
> set_int),for example i know that i can use set_int to specify port number
> for a purple account using "port" as the key and port number as
> value.isthere any documentation for such keys anywhere on the pidgin
> site?

You can take a look at PurplePluginProtocolInfo.protocol_options, which
is a list of PurpleAccountOption's. You can inspect a
PurpleAccountOption to know the name of the option (e.g. "port") in
addition to its type (e.g. PURPLE_PREF_INT). This may (or may not) be
enough information for what you want to do.

Cheers.
Sadrul