Ask Yahoo on Pidgin

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Fri Dec 17 21:51:07 EST 2010

On 12/17/2010 07:22 PM, wildan alimudin wrote:
> 1. Appear offline forever for spesific contact?

Right-click the buddy in the buddy list.  Select "Presence Settings"->"Appear
Permanently Offline".  If you change your mind, repeat.  The menu item will
change to "Don't Appear Permanently Offline", as I recall.

> 2. Block specific contact I?

There are several ways:
  * If you have an open conversation with the person, click the "Conversation"
menu and select "Block"
  * If the person is on your buddy list, right click the buddy and select "Block"
  * Go to the "Tools" menu in the buddy list window and select "Privacy".
Select your Yahoo account.  Set the option below the account name to "Block only
the users below".  Click the "Add" button, type in the person's Yahoo ID, then
click the "Block" button.

If the person is on your buddy list, blocking him/her causes that buddy to be
removed.  This is required on Yahoo, and we can't work around that requirement.

John