Facebook Chat Not Showing All Messages

Jade Rampulla jaderampulla at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 23:47:59 EST 2010

I'm using Pidgin Portable v2.7.8.

I'm able to connect to Facebook XMPP but Pidgin isn't showing all the
messages that Facebook is receiving. I'm not sure if it's a Pidgin or
Facebook problem.

This is the chat I had with my sister from Facebook...

Jade Rampulla
im connected to FB chat and AIM
it can connect to Yahoo Messenger and Myspace IM too
its pretty sweet

Breanna Freeman
i can do that on meebo
lmao!

Jade Rampulla
so all my buddies show up in one program
i dont like using meebo if i dont have to tho

*Breanna Freeman*
*ohhh lol*

Jade Rampulla
Pidgin is very simple and basic without all the ads and extra unneeded junk

*Breanna Freeman*
*ohhhhh*

Jade Rampulla
and it wont crash if Firefox, Chrome, or Internet explorer decides to crash

Breanna Freeman
well thats good riglt?
right*

Jade Rampulla
yea

*Breanna Freeman*
*(:*

Jade Rampulla
i dont think its working right tho
some of the stuff ur typing isnt showing up in Pidgin

Breanna Freeman
well that sucks haha!

This is the chat that showed up in Pidgin....

(11:36:02 PM) Jade Rampulla: im connected to FB chat and AIM
(11:36:14 PM) Jade Rampulla: it can connect to Yahoo Messenger and Myspace
IM too
(11:36:16 PM) Jade Rampulla: its pretty sweet
(11:36:24 PM) Breanna Freeman: i can do that on meebo
(11:36:27 PM) Breanna Freeman: lmao!
(11:36:28 PM) Jade Rampulla: so all my buddies show up in one program
(11:36:39 PM) Jade Rampulla: i dont like using meebo if i dont have to tho
(11:36:52 PM) Jade Rampulla: Pidgin is very simple and basic without all the
ads and extra unneeded junk
(11:37:14 PM) Jade Rampulla: and it wont crash if Firefox, Chrome, or
Internet explorer decides to crash
(11:37:54 PM) Breanna Freeman: well thats good riglt?
(11:37:56 PM) Breanna Freeman: right*
(11:38:04 PM) Jade Rampulla: yea
(11:38:56 PM) Jade Rampulla: i dont think its working right tho
(11:39:06 PM) Jade Rampulla: some of the stuff ur typing isnt showing up in
Pidgin :(
(11:39:17 PM) Breanna Freeman: well that sucks haha!