Cant see pictures of contacts in new update of pidgin.

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Dec 30 06:49:21 EST 2010

Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Thursday, December 30, 2010 a las 10:58:54AM +0000, Ragnar Hannes Gudmundsson escribió:
>
>> Please tell me how can I resolve this issue.
>
> You should tell the people you're asking for help about your Operating
> System or the Windows version (note the small diff in my words :-)) and the
> version of Pidgin you have updated to.

You should also say on which version the feature last worked, and for a
multi-protocol/multi-service client, like Pidgin, the service(s) for
which you experience the problem and the protocols used to access the
service, where any service can be accessed by more than one.

(Note that, on some operating systems, people who cannot build from
source often have quite old versions as the most recent available to them.)

You should be prepared to provide the debug log, if required.

Finally, best practice is to assume that people do not remember the
message subject (although it should still summarise the question) and
state the issue in the body of the email (I don't know if it is just me,
but I find "how do you resolve" closes over-assertive (I wonder if there
is somewhere that is teaching this style)).

--
David Woolley