ppa package for linuxmint 10

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Dec 30 17:04:33 EST 2010

Ben Møller wrote:
> my linuxmint 10 dont support the ppa package for the newest pidgin
> so i need one from you guys

Be patient.  Only one volunteer (Richard Laager, I believe) works on
producing Mint compatible packages, and he doesn't actually have a Mint
system.  Remember all Pidgin development and support is done by
volunteers in their own time.

The last Mint PPA was available quite quickly, given the limited
resources.  As he will sometimes go on holiday, you should expect to
wait up to a month, at times. (He did post to the mailing list, earlier
today, on a different topic.)

E.g. see these threads from earlier Mint PPA versions:

http://www.mail-archive.com/support@pidgin.im/msg08948.html

http://www.mail-archive.com/support@pidgin.im/msg08602.html

--
David Woolley