HTML code coming through as buddy's comment

Courtney Hollimon courtneyhollimon at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:56:11 EST 2010

Hi support,

I have a colleague on ICQ that I chat with regularly.  I recently had to switch computers and now whatever he types comes through like this:
<FONT face="arial" size="2" color="#000000">sometimes</FONT>
I have uninstalled and reinstalled Pidgin, removed him and re-added him as a buddy, and he has tried using different fonts, but it doesn't fix the problem.  No other contacts have this issue.  Can you help?

Thanks!