Pidgin No Longer Works for Me

Programmer In Training pit at joseph-a-nagy-jr.us
Thu Feb 11 09:54:02 EST 2010

On 02/11/10 08:12, Shelly Gatto wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been using Pidgin for a while and up until yesterday it worked
> fairly well. Yesterday, it would not open any of my chat accounts (AIM,
> ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo). Each time I tried to enable it would say something
> was wrong and ask if I would like to modify. My account details are
> accurate, and I had not made any changes prior to Pidgin no longer working.

I recently had to adjust my AIM and ICQ accounts to not use SSL for
login. Have you checked to see if you're using SSL to login?

> I have tried a windows update as well as re-downloading and
> re-installing Pidgin to make sure I have the most up to date version
> just a few moments ago. This has not helped the problem, I still can't
> log in to my accounts through Pidgin. Is this an isolated problem? Is
> there some kind of an update that I need?
>
> Thanks
> Shel

I'm using Pidgin 2.6.5, if you're not using it I would recommend an
update although it sounds like you're using a fairly recent version
(hopefully downloaded via http://www.pidgin.im/ ) so there shouldn't be
any issue there.

If any of your accounts are using SSL to login, disable that as there
seems to be some new issue with it (I've recently encountered it, as
stated above, so I think it's a protocol thing and not a Pidgin thing).

Not sure if you're on the list, CCing you if you aren't. Direct all
replies to the list, please.

--
Yours In Christ,

PIT