Question about IRC accounts

Daniel Atallah datallah at pidgin.im
Fri Feb 12 14:25:29 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 14:19, Phil Adams <padamstx at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I actually do want to change the alias that others see for me in
> the IRC channel, so the "/nick" command is the one I want (I think).
> I was just wondering if there was a way to have this automatically
> done when I join the channel or connect to the IRC server.

There isn't a way to change your nickname for a single channel (IRC
doesn't support such a concept at all) - by using "/nick" you're doing
the same thing effectively as changing the username that you use to
connect to the server.

Given this, is there a reason that you need to change your nickname
after connecting instead of just connecting using the desired
username?

-D