Authentication Failure --> Re-Enable

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Sat Feb 13 15:22:56 EST 2010

On Sat, 13 Feb 2010, Daniel Atallah wrote:

> I only see two real issues ("In-memory password not cleared on auth.
> failure" and "Password field is enabled, but doesn't do anything when
> passwords aren't being saved") which are not related, so they should
> be separate tickets.

The question then on that #1 is: should the enhancement request be to
clear the in-memory password only if there's not one saved?  What should
be the action if there IS one saved?  To edit the account, yes?  At which
point you're on the same dance as before.  (You still won't
auto-reconnect, you'll still have that dialog dismissed).

The question on #2 is: is the correct action to disable the field, or have
it used for the in-memory password only, but not written out to disk?

(Or should I not note a specific fix, and just note the problem and leave
the correct fix up to the developers?)

-Dan

--

"And, a special guest, from the future, miss Ria Pischell.  Miss Pischell,
as you all know, is the inventor of the Statiophonic Oxygenetic

-Rufus, Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey