problem with away status on pidgin

Shou ryuujo dark_deathscythe at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 16 09:47:58 EST 2010

I am not sure when it happened but last week or so my pidgin has set me to "away" status even when i am active and iming. When i tried to manually set the status to other status except "offline" in which the pidgin disconnects the icon is always away next to my buddy icon. It is a small nuisance and i am curious if there is a fix for it? I havent update my pidgin and am not sure what i did (if anything) that mightve caused it. My version is 2.6.5-1.el5 for linux.

thanks