AIM Not Working with Proposed Workaround

Scott Norman scottenorman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 15:01:41 EST 2010

I started receiving the following error message during the afternoon
yesterday: Received unexpected response from
http://api.oscar.aol.com/aim/startOSCARSession: useTLS=1 is not allowed for
non secure requests.

The Pidgin website suggests to uncheck the 'Use Client Login' on the
advanced tab of Account Settings.  Now it appears that the client is trying
to sign in but the connection isn't made.  There are no error messages, but
I also can't get signed in.  I've restarted the client and rebooted but had
not success.

Thanks,

Scott