Regarding IIS problem Need help

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Feb 19 02:54:30 EST 2010

Sahoo, Srimant wrote:

> I am facing one problem while accessing a URL from IIS 7. The same URL
> is working fine if I open a new browser and access it. It is showing 503
> error.

What is the Pidgin connection here?

There is far too little information here, even if thie were addressed to
an appropriate forum.

The correct meaning of 503 is as follows, although it might be being
abused.  In all cases the problem lies with the server and you should
contact the webmaster.

10.5.4 503 Service Unavailable

    The server is currently unable to handle the request due to a
    temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. The implication
    is that this is a temporary condition which will be alleviated after
    some delay. If known, the length of the delay MAY be indicated in a
    Retry-After header. If no Retry-After is given, the client SHOULD
    handle the response as it would for a 500 response.

Source RFC 2616 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1
<http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2616.txt>, Copyright The Internet Society.
--
David Woolley