so slow

David Balazic David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com
Tue Jan 5 05:37:05 EST 2010

If you start Pidgin, then exit and start it again (like in 10 seconds
or less), how long dow it take?

On my system, the first start is 10-20 seconds (depends, I did not
make an accurate measurement), but the second is instantenous (1 second
or less). On first start the GTK libs have to be loaded from the disk
and they are quite large. (and on the second try they are cached or
even already loaded)

Also the auto-connect that others mentioned should nt make a difference.
The Buddy List window appears first and only then it starts connecting.

Regards,
David