Google talk vs Pidgin

William Basser wbasser at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 08:44:15 EST 2010

I have Pidgin installed on a laptop, when I run away from the corporate
network, I get connection to the server with no problem.  However, on the
company network, no connection.  Google Talk on the other hand has no
problem connecting in either location?  Am I missing something here?  I have
tried various proxy settings but no avail.  Internet Explorer also has a box
checked that says detect proxy settings automatically. The same as Google
Talk.  I would like to use one IM tool since our company uses Sametime
internally.

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this.