password prooblem

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Fri Jan 8 08:23:33 EST 2010

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 13:36:15 +0200
nicky <nicky at gistudio.eu> wrote:

> I will be very thankful if you could help me to retrive/change my
> password with the secret question.

If you want the password, it is stored in your .purple directory, on
Windows this is stored in the user's directory. You need to search for
the accounts.xml file, and open it with a text editor.

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\.purple\accounts.xml

is a good place to start. If you're using Vista or later the initial path
is C:\Users\ but I forget the rest of the path before Application Data.

--

Brian Morrison