Ubuntu Linux

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Jan 9 12:00:04 EST 2010

eon at redgecko.co.za spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I tried installing pidgin on linux but when i try running it from the
> terminal with the command pidgin -n it tells me it is not installed trying
> to figure out what is going on but can not come to a solution does anyone
> else have a solution to this?

This is probably not a Pidgin-specific problem, and you may want to
try the Ubuntu support forums.

That said, how did you install Pidgin?  If you believe you installed
it using the Ubuntu package management system, run 'dpkg -l pidgin' at
a command prompt.  If the leftmost column of the line containing
the 'pidgin' package (probably the last line) is not 'ii', Pidgin is
not installed properly, and you should try running 'sudo apt-get
install pidgin'.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.