Plugins (Brian Morrison/Michellev)

Harold Ayers hfayersjr at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 14 21:06:15 EST 2010

   1. Re: Plugins (Brian Morrison)

-On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:58:44 +0200

--

>Brian Morrison

Brian, the problem with using the installed directory is that when an updated Pidgin is installed, it overlays the installation directory wiping out any Plugins.

I found the following in one of the "Readme.Txt" files when using Plugins

To install these plugins, copy them to the plugins directory created by the
Pidgin installer (usually C:\Program Files\Pidgin\plugins) or to your own
plugins directory (usually needs to be created as a subdirectory of
%APPDATA%\.purple).  If you are unsure of %APPDATA%'s location, go to a
Windows Explorer window's address bar or to the Run prompt and type
%APPDATA%\.purple to access your .purple directory.

Installing to your own plugins directory is preferred, as Pidgin upgrades
will not touch %APPDATA%\.purple but they will erase the system wide plugins
directory.  Any plugins you install to the system wide plugins directory will
have to be reinstalled every time you upgrade Pidgin.

For more information, visit http://plugins.guifications.org/ and
http://www.pidgin.im.