Odd issue when trying to activate an AIM screenname.

Zirith tor zeraxdr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 23:11:45 EST 2010

When I tried to log on to Pigin the other day, I was greeted with the
message "Received unexpected response from
http://api.oscar.aol.com/aim/startOSCARSession", and I cannot figure out
what it means. It only happens when I try to log in using an AIM profile, I
can log in any other type and there's no issue. I'm tried changing settings
and reinstalling, to no avail. I can log in to my AIM profile on AIM itself
with no problem as well. Is there a known fix or something else I'm not
thinking of?

~A